Contact Telephone Number:
0208 399 3481
When we meet:
Quarterly or as needed
Where do we meet?
Old Chapel or the RDJ Room
The group’s object / purpose:
The Parish Lenten Project (PLP) was established in 1971. The aim of the project is give the parish a charitable focal point during Lent and give everyone (all groups, clubs and societies) in the parish the opportunity to take part in fund raising for the developing world projects.
Ideally, we like to support charities that have a connection or association with people in the OLI parish or school. Everyone is welcome to attend meetings and / or propose a charity or organisation for us to support.
Here is an outline of the criteria that we use to select charities:
- Charity or organisation needs to be based in the developing world
- Direct help – we are looking for small charities / organisations rather than large established charities – no intermediate organisations or government agencies
- Christian based
- Confidence in the recipient – we need to know that the money will be going directly to the charity
- Value for money – small and professionally run charity / organisation in the developing world
- Organisations that have small overheads – we want to make sure that our money will make a real difference
Throughout Lent we run a series of fundraising activities and events to raise money for the projects. These range from cake sales through to sponsored bike rides. We’re always looking for new committee members and event organisers so please come along to meetings if you want to get involved in the Parish Lenten Project.