Gift Aid Scheme
Are you a UK tax payer?
IF YOU GIVE TO THE CHURCH, GIFT AID IT!!
Gift Aid is a brilliantly easy way to increase the donations that you are currently giving to the Parish at Mass by 25%, without actually giving anything extra!
If you are a UK taxpayer, the scheme enables that for every pound that you give, the Parish will get back an additional 25p from the Inland Revenue.
What is required for this refund to be obtained?
- You must be a UK taxpayer and pay an amount of income tax at least equal to the amount of any refund reclaimed by the Parish on your donations;
- You must complete a Gift Aid Declaration
- Your contributions must be easily identified as coming from you.
How does the system work?
- You can make your contributions to the Church by Weekly Numbered Envelope (supplied by the Parish), Bankers Order or Cheque.
- Gift Aid is not a binding commitment – the actual money that you donate is entirely up to you.
- If you stop paying Income Tax, or wish to cancel, the Declaration can be immediately cancelled.
- Gift Aid payments are completely confidential.
- Please download this leaflet to find out more about the benefits of giving to The Church by Gift Aid
- Please download this leaflet if you are a Higher Rate Tax payer
Gift Aid Declaration Form
- The form (below) simply asks you to give your name and address and your consent so that all your donations can be treated as Gift Aid donations. You should sign and date the form. ONE MINUTE IS ALL IT TAKES. Then return it to the OLI Presbytery.
Please contact Allan Cook on 0208 399 4368 if you have any questions on the Gift Aid scheme.